Questions

WiillM

Hello,
As this is my first post on this forum, I'll give you a slight insight of where I am with producing. I started with FL Producer Edition a month and a half ago. As little as that is, it's felt like a lot longer. Countless days and nights up until 3AM-7AM were spent learning and expanding so I'm comfortable with the program. I've reached the point were I can use several plugins to create sounds I desire from my mind, however I have been considering lately buying Sylenth1. If anyone would be able to please tell me a little bit about Sylenth1, Pro's / Con's wise, I would appreciate it. Maybe even another plugin that from experience is better.
My second question is to do with the light vocals that people put on their instrumentals. The ones what are usually in a high pitch and they are never too loud. Like the one on Drake's Poundcake track. I know that's a bad example because that's real industry music but you get a lot of producers who don't seem like they can get someone to sing that well for like free. If there is another way, maybe sampling perhaps? I would love to know because I've been trying to work it out or find some vocals myself but they never cut it.
Thanks for reading :D

Hi Will,

You'll probably have more luck if you post the two questions you have separately so people can give answers to both.

Personally I think sylenth is a good basic entry level synth, but it's a bit old now and there are newer synths that would give you more bang for your buck. Also, if you have FL producer edition, you have sytrus, which is a much more powerful synth than sylenth1 - it has more controls and so can do pretty much anything sylenth can and more. The downside is some people find all the extra controls confusing, especially if you're just starting out.

You also have 3xosc, which is a good learner synth and pretty similar to sylenth in terms of what it can do.

Lots of people also like syntorial, which is a learner program.

Other plugins you could look into that I think are good are serum, harmor, zeta 2+ and synthmaster. I wouldn't recommend massive or nexus, unless you want to rely entirely on presets, which can get quite expensive.
Hope that helps :)

Hi Will,

You'll probably have more luck if you post the two questions you have separately so people can give answers to both.

Personally I think sylenth is a good basic entry level synth, but it's a bit old now and there are newer synths that would give you more bang for your buck. Also, if you have FL producer edition, you have sytrus, which is a much more powerful synth than sylenth1 - it has more controls and so can do pretty much anything sylenth can and more. The downside is some people find all the extra controls confusing, especially if you're just starting out.

You also have 3xosc, which is a good learner synth and pretty similar to sylenth in terms of what it can do.

Lots of people also like syntorial, which is a learner program.

Other plugins you could look into that I think are good are serum, harmor, zeta 2+ and synthmaster. I wouldn't recommend massive or nexus, unless you want to rely entirely on presets, which can get quite expensive.
Hope that helps :)
Thanks a lot, I will invest more time into the synths you've suggested. Would you be able to give me any understanding on the vocals people us on their music? Like the ones what are very light, usually high pitch melodies.
Thanks

Back