Question for the people who create songs/ work with your own artists...

iambase

@30thJune1986
Just wondering if some of you had developed a plan once your songs are done, besides uploading them on social networks and waiting for the songs to ideally take off.

Care to share non-sensitive information about your strategy ?

As far as I am concerned I am trying to place the tracks for now and get their name out as songwriters. Just started to do that to be truthful. It's too early for me to have any results. At the same time, I am developing something else which is originally my main focus but still being bootstrapped in the background.

Thing I see is a starting trend for actors to get into music, Drake, Mack wilds, Miley, Donald Glover(Childish Gambino) (and Eddy Murphy lol). That full entertainment pack. Audio and video lol. Do you think that's where we are headed ? Used to be musicians going toward Acting no ?

Last edited:
Just wondering if some of you had developed a plan once your songs are done, besides uploading them on social networks and waiting for the songs to ideally take off.

As far as I am concerned I am trying to place the tracks for now and get their name out as songwriters. Just started to do that to be truthful. It's too early for me to have any results. At the same time, I am developing something else which is originally my main focus but still being bootstrapped in the background.

Thing I see is a starting trend for actors to get into music, Drake, Mack wilds, Miley, Donald Glover(Childish Gambino) (and Eddy Murphy lol). That full entertainment pack. Audio and video lol. Do you think that's where we are headed ? Used to be musicians going toward Acting no ?

From my experience, the handful of artists I've worked with all had different goals with the music we made....and no real strategy. (that I knew about) Alot of these guys seem like they are just trying to win the lottery... smh.

I tried to talk to one of artists who was older about ghost writing but he didn't share the vision..sad. I think if he woulda listened to me he might have been better off....

Anyways, one thing to think about is that rappers tend to be touchy about their portion of the music so make sure you and the artist are on the same page before you start pushin your agenda /goal/plan. (If you are working together on a project)

Thats said, I think if you have a strategy (and some talent) you'll probably get farther than most out here...

$.02

Yes that's what I have noticed as well. But if I start talking about the multiple things I have noticed, I'm going to start ranting. lol. Maybe I should not, maybe I should just see a business opportunity.

It depends. Not every artist that I work with do I consult for.

If you just want me to write or produce or engineer for your, then that's great. I do my job, get my check, and move on to the next.

But for the artists that I'm doing consulting for, there are a number of different goals once the song is done. Social media plays a huge part in that, because that gets your friend base, for gaining INFLUENCE through INTERACTION.

Secondly, of course, is licensing. Trying to get that song in the hands of as many Music Supervisors, for as many different types of media as possible. TV, Movies, Video Games, Websites, etc.

Thirdly, is to create as many passive revenue streams as possible for the music, as well as for the artist themselves, which my company does about 10 or so.

All of this stems from gaining INFLUENCE through INTERACTION. That's the launchpad for it all.

That's motivating to see that some people are planning things through and executing.
Thank you for sharing.

hey... I've been making beats for a little while. besides just uploading and sharing I think I'm going to put together a compilation or variety of different artists on my music. I even want to expand to like... video game music, movies, commercials etc. get in where I fit in lol :)

Back