Question about Mixer (Control surface)

outime

Hi guys, I'm about to get a Mbox 2 Pro, my goal for now its work with pro tools because I really need it.

My question is what control surface or mixer do u recomend me to work with Mbox 2 and Pro tools.

Thx

If you want a control surface and you're going with Pro Tool, go with the Digi003. There's also, the Command|8 (I'm happy with mine) and the C|24, as well as a few other third party control surfaces that work with Pro Tools.

I liked my BCF 2000 in Pro Tools. Then again I love my bcf2000 anyway. I use it in Record these days

The first thing would probably still be to understand the difference between a mixer and a control surface - the former mixes audio signals internally, usually down to one or more output pairs while a "pure" control surface doesn't have audio signals going through it at all; it just controls the software where the signal summing is being made. And then there's hybrids of these: the mentioned 003 is not really a mixer, but it combines an audio interface into a control surface.

Back