question about computer specs for logic pro, getting new computer!

Drennon

Hey I'm in the market for a new computer, and I really dont want to buy a Mac Pro, because I would have to buy a monitor to go with it. If i gor the i7 3.4ghz iMac with 16gb ram, how would that hang with logic? if I spend the money for a computer now I want it to just eat up everything music wise i throw at it. Anyone have experience running logic with a 3.4ghz i7? Buy the iMac or wait for the Mac Pro refresh and get one of those if i want it to run everything flawlessly? thanks for any advice, i just wanna not be able to say to myself "well i cant run this plug-in, or i cant use all these effects cuz my computer cant hang". buy the imac or pay 1000 more for the mac pro when they release it and buy a cinema display?

Hey I'm in the market for a new computer, and I really dont want to buy a Mac Pro, because I would have to buy a monitor to go with it. If i gor the i7 3.4ghz iMac with 16gb ram, how would that hang with logic? if I spend the money for a computer now I want it to just eat up everything music wise i throw at it. Anyone have experience running logic with a 3.4ghz i7? Buy the iMac or wait for the Mac Pro refresh and get one of those if i want it to run everything flawlessly? thanks for any advice, i just wanna not be able to say to myself "well i cant run this plug-in, or i cant use all these effects cuz my computer cant hang". buy the imac or pay 1000 more for the mac pro when they release it and buy a cinema display?

I have a 2.7ghz i5 iMac (2011), and I have had zero issues running Logic on it...as well as PT for what it's worth. Still have 4gb of ram in it too.

Back