Question about 2000xl and note off bassline using 16 levels

Copperhaze

Quick question here. When I used to play a bass line over a beat on my 2000 (non XL) I would set one long bass sample to note off and then use 16 levels with note variation/tuning to play the bass. When I would touch each pad even if it were one directly after another quickly it would play out no prob. On my 2000xl I tried using the same method and sometimes when I hit one pad after another too quickly the second hit will not take for some reason. Almost as if it gets cut off. Any idea what I am doing wrong? If I play in mono it works fine...but I can't control the length of the bass sample so easily without having multiple samples.

Thanks for any help!

16 levels is better on the classic. That's all there is to it.

If it annoys you, you can always use auto chromatic assign and make a bass program with it and you won't be experiencing the same problems.

Last edited:
Quick question here. When I used to play a bass line over a beat on my 2000 (non XL) I would set one long bass sample to note off and then use 16 levels with note variation/tuning to play the bass. When I would touch each pad even if it were one directly after another quickly it would play out no prob. On my 2000xl I tried using the same method and sometimes when I hit one pad after another too quickly the second hit will not take for some reason. Almost as if it gets cut off. Any idea what I am doing wrong? If I play in mono it works fine...but I can't control the length of the bass sample so easily without having multiple samples.

Thanks for any help!

Yeah its a weird bug,I remember that happening to me.

Back