Producers Block.

BigE420

"I'm calling it producers block referencing it to "writers block".
What I want to know is goofy, but what is a good way to describe "Producers Block" and how to get over it?

That what I would say is a feeling to me, when you're half way into a project and cant quite seem to finish it. You're kind of stuck, because you kept listening to the same sample over and over for like 3 days straight,and you set a personal deadline to help you be more productive , and more efficient, ass well as repetitive. so you're kind of I guess tired of it.

I would also like some advise, and personal tips based on experience of how to get over producers block and get back to work. Maybe i'm looking for a way to kinda get my mind clear and get focused.
Be adviced that I'm more in the introvert side, and like to keep mostly to myself, so getting out to socialize would be out of the answer.

Also that thing I'm assuming most people do when they mix most the track, and leave it for a day or two then get back to work, so you listen to your work from a fresh start. I do that, But like I said I want to be more efficient and productive.

Advice and tips????

This has been covered many times before on this forum, so try searching for the subject.
Also, there are a lot of material out there about how to overcome the producer's block. It's merely a search away.

Anyway, a good start is to take a break, relax and listen to some music.
You could also try bouncing down the track, perhaps wait a day, and listen to it at a time when you are completely relaxed, and spontaneously take notes of any idea you get, no matter how crazy it may sound, and then try those out.

I understand that block, it sucks when you have specific melodies you want to do immediately, but the hands can't react intime on piano.
Basically, hands and brain are connected with drums but it's like the hands and brain just can't process as fast for piano playing [the harder stuff]
My hands are slowing down my brain in the sense is that it take time to label the notes you hum in your head.There has to be a way to label note pitches in your head in realtime...

"I'm calling it producers block referencing it to "writers block".

That what I would say is a feeling to me, when you're half way into a project and cant quite seem to finish it. You're kind of stuck, because you kept listening to the same sample over and over for like 3 days straight,and you set a personal deadline to help you be more productive , and more efficient, ass well as repetitive. so you're kind of I guess tired of it.
I do that, But like I said I want to be more efficient and productive.

Advice and tips????

does that happen often to you, and do you have a ton of unfinished material on your hard drives?

it sounds like you're problem is not reall a lack of inspiration but rather the wish to be more productive... might as well be both.

you might wanna check out this post

or you can do this:

1. go through your playlist and find a track that gets you right when you feel like losing inspiration.

2. play it back.

3. open your daw.

4. find an instrument that kind of fits the sound of the song you are listening to and start playing along.

5. find the scale (the key of the song).

6. just play until you find a melody you like.

7. go back to your daw and open up some quick samples, loops n stuff, and make a quick beat from there, with the same sounds/instruments you're hearing in that song, that you're listening to in that moment.

works for me in most cases. hope it helps, let me know!

Back