problems opening a protools session?

thekidj

Well I sent someone a protools sessions for a track we are working on & when I got an updated protool session back I can't seem to open it due to the fact the session or at least the updated parts are in a sample rate of 88.2 kHz, so is there any way to get around this or do something to get this protool session open? So if I can't get the session open I can't go any further with the track/session. P.S. After, doing some small research I found out that the Mac Book pro (which is what I am using) does not support 88.2 kHz, but what if that's all I use to work on & nothing else what can should I do with outgoing somewhere else?

Last edited:
Get a version that is compatible with the sample rate you need. Even if your device doesn't support the sample rate, you should still be able to open it. Then again, it's pro tools and a lot of things don't make sense. Maybe the project was saved as a newer version. In that case, maybe they could save it under some kind of compatibility mode and just send you the pro tools file, if it's separate from the audio files.

Get a version that is compatible with the sample rate you need. Even if your device doesn't support the sample rate, you should still be able to open it. Then again, it's pro tools and a lot of things don't make sense. Maybe the project was saved as a newer version. In that case, maybe they could save it under some kind of compatibility mode and just send you the pro tools file, if it's separate from the audio files.
I am using protools 10 & he is using protools 9 with digi 003 rack & my protools is telling me "the current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 88.2 kHz". So then I went & looked up how to open it via google & another user at another forum site said that his Mac Book Pro is doing the same & then some one else said all Mac Book's & Mac Book Pro's do not support it. But then other people are saying that there Mac Book is working just fine with it so I don't know I just need it fixed So I can work on the project & I'm of peoples he say she say on this subject

Last edited:
Back