problems in cubase

ukwndpthz

hello again everyone...
ive got my sound card prob fixed so thanx to anyone who repied to my thread.
my question at the moment is basically...

i cant seem to run cubase in conjuction with other audio programs such as soundforge, rebirth etc...i get a error msg
stating

"the microsoft playback device" is used by another application, please close or suspend the device and try again.

this is causing alot of headache since i bought my new soundcard...at the moment im using the audiowerk2 card...
great card btw (2 in/ out & d i/o's) !!

im also having problems recording parts from music cds in cubase, the cd plays but i can hear no audio. the vu meter display on my sound card software dont appear to be moving either. i am using the cd player in cubase to record as i cant use the Windows cd player because my sound card wont allow it...if this was to work, should i be recording the output in the selected wave editor such as soundforge via the cubase cd player?????

please help if anyone can...

this is stressing me out hard...
i jus wanna write music :(

this site rocks...thanx mano

this is a common problem.. but try choosing the "direct X" driver of your sound card, sometimes it fixes some problems and you can run several applications usingt he same channels.

I dont have this problem with the card I currently use (Creamware Pulsar II), but the Audiowerk 2 is a great card too so you should be able to do the same (or similar).

Have you updated to the latest drivers?
Cubase CAN be a pain because it uses a lot of the resources in your system.

Hi

On my PC, I have to minimise other music programs when I'm using Cubase, otherwise I get that error. I also make sure I load Cubase before I load other programs. Finally, I make sure that other programs have finished playing their sounds (i.e. press the stop button) before I switch to Cubase.

Basically it demands all your sound resources!

Good luck :)

ukwndpthz

yeah thanx heaps for that advice mano & bongo...
ill give it a go later and hopefully it will all work out.
i didnt have much probs with my other sound card but this new one is a pain. i dont know much about all this driver business so its all trial and error for me which can be very pain staking as u imagine. im ready to pull my hair out over this guys! lol

i dont mean to repeat myself like this, but....

wats with the cd player in cubase aswell???
it plays, but nothing is heard and the vu meters on my soundcard sw arnt moving either...do u guys know about this???
am i right to say that i should be recording it in soundforge via the cd player in cubase?
apparently my soundcard does not allow me to play music cds in any other software such as the Windows CD player etc...
its more made for cubase and logic?

your advice would be most appreciated guys...thanx

hey there. i have been running pro tools 5.0.1 with my digi 001 card and everything's great. But recently have been hankeing to see if Cubase 5 can work and run some soft synths as pro tools doesn't sem to have anything like that.
Got it going. But after a bit all the audio output stopped. It would work, and then would stop.
If i get it sorted, shall post. I do know that these big audio programs are a bit sensitive about other big fish being in the small pond with them, even if u have quit out of them. Hmm.
Not a helpful post, but i know how it feels.

Back