Problem with chopping/sampling

Beat Killah

I can't chop the sample well and i can't find a great sample to chop,sometimes i found out but...i want to make the sample very different...not like the first one...i don't talk about bpms and pitching i talk about the melody...i want to make the melody very different!(sorry if i have some mistakes)

Sample selection will definitely improve with practice... Best thing to do is to listen to as much music as possible and sample often...

When chopping a loop, start with your loop... Get that loop as tight as possible (truncate).
Spend time on your chops... Zoom right into the wave for if need be and make sure they're on-beat.
Experiment with your choke setting... You might want every chop to choke the previous one. But you might want 2 samples playing together... These will need to be either in separate choke-groups or just not choked...

keep going. Practice. Mess about. There's no rules and no wrong way of doing shit.

no one could correctly teach you to chop... we all picked up things and learned on our own honestly... chopping isn't hard.. just pay attention to the wav format.... usuallywhen it's highest/biggest is where you chop

Sample is one of those things where if you don't have a specific idea at the start, you're basically in a maze onwards throughout.
Research what's used in the song you're sampling's a good start if you can not identify the sounds :/
Sampling is pretty hard but basically chopping equal parts is the only way to reliably just change the melody outside of using the same instruments in the sample.

Back