Problem browsing for video files in my DAW. Help please?

CPhoenix

CharlesAllen/ BMR Studios
Hey guys,

A new problem arose a few days ago and I'm having a tough time solving it. I'm computer literate, but this one feels a little over my head.

Whenever I go to the browser inside of Studio One now, for some reason I get extremely long pauses if the folder has an MP4 video in it. I like to go to Youtube sometimes and sample the audio using SaveVid to grab the MP4 video, and import it to S1 to play around w/ the audio. It used to be extremely quick. I could just drag n drop the video, extract the audio, and then do my thing. But now.. for some reason... it hangs waaaayyyyy too long. It doesn't crash if I just stop and let it process, but it's annoying and I can't pinpoint where the problem might be coming from.

I just did a major system change, so I'm sure that has something to do with it somehow, but I don't even know where to begin b/c I've changed so much system-wise. Here's what i've done so far:

1) Fresh install of Win 7 onto a new SSD (80GB Intel)
2) Installed 3 500GB 7200 rpm HDs for sample data (did full formats on every single drive in system prior to reinstalling). This is where the videos reside.
3) I'm using Automap now. Could this be a culprit? Automap seems to go crazy when this occurs also. It will jump from "Mixer" mode to "User" mode.
4) When I reinstalled, I didn't reinstall S1 in a sequence (usually i get anal and will install each update in order, but i didn't this time). I only installed the latest versions.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I haven't tried uninstalling Automap yet, and I also haven't tried updating to the newest version of quicktime yet (only the one built in to S1). I have the latest audio drivers obviously, as well as graphics drivers are up to date.

Any ideas on what I may want to take a look at to fix this? If playing around w/ Automap & Quicktime don't work... I'm going to be left kind of clueless. I know for a fact it's not the HDs, b/c they are performing faster than ever since i've spread the data out between them evenly and the disc-reader head doesn't have to travel as far to find data.

I'm not sure what else to do. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Back