pro tools recording??

canibolism

before i posted i checked the forum and pro tools manuel and youtube even wikipedia, im trying to figure out how can record again without deleting whats already there. EX: Record a piano on a new track....decide i want to add something..so i hit record and pro tools starts to delete the previous recording while im recording the new one??? any advice?

Pro Tools is not deleting the previously recorded track. Either create a new track to record to. Or create a new playlist for the track you are on. This will allow you to record an alternative take on this track (really useful when comping vocals).

You can't "amend" to the track you've finished recording like that, just create a new track and record your new part.

you have to "punch in" I know how to do it in ableton but protools is a different story...ALL DAWs have that feature, google it.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

before i posted i checked the forum and pro tools manuel and youtube even wikipedia, im trying to figure out how can record again without deleting whats already there. EX: Record a piano on a new track....decide i want to add something..so i hit record and pro tools starts to delete the previous recording while im recording the new one??? any advice?

forgot to ask... are you playing a real piano or a midi piano?

Back