Pro Tools 10 + MPC Ren

AfroThunder

Ive got an MPC Ren that up until now ive been using it strictly for sampling... But lately ive been working on more composed tracks... Im about to purchase Pro Tools 10 next week and was wondering how i can use the Ren with Pro Tools so i can bang my drums out on the pads and then do the rest (virtual instruments) with my Keystation 88es midi controller...I saw this one kid putting a track together with the Ren, not sure what Daw he was using but i want to know how i can do the same thing in PT...

13 year old @NasThaGoGetta - Westcoastin' - YouTube

Thanks

Last edited:
what makes you think he is using a daw at all?

you might be right... but even in that case i still should be able to work pt with the mpc... i know its possible... cuz i see people doing it theres just not alot of info on the subject... ive been searching google for hours and havent found what ive needed yet thats why im asking for anybody thats already added an mpc ren to there pt setup

heres a thought too. he posted this beat on FP! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...es/music-video-production/westcoastin-434483/ go ask him

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

you might be right... but even in that case i still should be able to work pt with the mpc... i know its possible... cuz i see people doing it theres just not alot of info on the subject... ive been searching google for hours and havent found what ive needed yet thats why im asking for anybody thats already added an mpc ren to there pt setup
You'll have to get a wrapper FXpansion sells a vst to Rtas wrapper but seeing as Pro Tools is going to abandon Rtas in the next couple of months I wouldn't buy it. I would wait for Akai to release an AAX version of the Mpc Ren of buy Maschine which already has an AAX version.

im gonna buy PT 10 at the begining of next month wouldnt it be PT 11 where they would get rid of Rtas?

heres a thought too. he posted this beat on FP! https://www.futureproducers.com/for...es/music-video-production/westcoastin-434483/ go ask him

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

You'll have to get a wrapper FXpansion sells a vst to Rtas wrapper but seeing as Pro Tools is going to abandon Rtas in the next couple of months I wouldn't buy it. I would wait for Akai to release an AAX version of the Mpc Ren of buy Maschine which already has an AAX version.

im gonna buy PT 10 at the begining of next month wouldnt it be PT 11 where they would get rid of Rtas?
correct but why rush into it. I believe PT 11 is less than 3 months away they usually release towards the early spring. At least that's what I would do. Especially if you want to do more composing it might be to your advantage to have a 64 bit version of Pro Tools once the 64 bit version of the Mpc comes around you will be able to use larger workstations. Just my opinion

Back