Please help! FL studio question (potentially simple to fix, but its driving me nuts)

shono

i just bought a midi (MPK 49) today, and i can play the keys into fl studio without a problem, but my issue lies in the fact that, no matter which type of sound i play from Nexus, the note drags on for a second or 2, like a piano delay pedal. It is extremely annoying because when I want notes/beats to end, they all have a slight delay. Does anyone know how to turn this off? thank you!!!

EDIT: I should like to specify, this is not a lag of sound, nor is it latency. everything is responsive and fine, it seems like a setting tweak of some sort which is making every not automatically have a delay.!!

thanks again

Last edited:
Have you tried adjusting the knobs in Nexus? Maybe pull the sustain all the way down (and the decay) and see if that helps.

Do you have the same problem playing notes back without the MPK?

Check the Releasetime on the volume envelope/ADSR.
Also try decreasing any decay or hold-time on the volume envelope/ADSR as well.

Thank you both very much for the responses, i am not home right now, so I can't check, but where on the fl studio interface can I find the volume envelope/ADSR? Thanks again

It's located inside the Nexus in this case, it could be that the presets you have simply have some releasetime added or so.

It's located inside the Nexus in this case, it could be that the presets you have simply have some releasetime added or so.
I was unable to find anything of the sort, i am starting to maybe think the sounds are intended to work that way. . . Hmm, but it is still quite irritating because I want to do quick beat notes but they drag on still:shame:

(1A)Hit the INS tab in the channel settings window and make sure the envelope is not activated in there. If there is a orange light, tick it off or adjust the decay, release, and sustain to fix the problem.

(1A)FLpic41.jpg

(2A)My guess is its just some of the presets you are using. Like Steffeeh said you should use the envelope inside Nexus. There is usually delay and reverb added to the presets, those effects will keep going after you release the note so try turning those off in nexus. The volume envelope in nexus is circled in green and the delay and reverb are circled in red.

(2A)FLpic43.jpg

Back