pitch change before drop?

unithem

Unithem
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forums so I will introduce myself first a little bit.
I'm a 19 years old FL Studio user from the Netherlands. Most of the time i'm trying to make Progressive House.

I usually know exactly how I want the song to be, from melody to soundtimbre, so I have no creativity problems at all. However since I have been producing for just eight months now,I don't Always know how to execute and create ''that sound'' that I perfectly made up in my head, so I guess it's a lack of skill in sounddesign, but oh well, the more i try the more i improve right:D But I'm working on a song now, and I want to create a sound I don't know how to make again, so I hope someone here understands what I mean and could help me.

I want to make the sound where, before the kick hits/drop comes, the main lead sort of changes pitch for like 2 beats. It is like the moment between the end of the build up and the actual drop/First kick.

Well known songs that also use this technique are : Bassjackers - Savior , Nicky Romero - Let me Feel and Tritional & Paris - Colors. (If posting the names of others artists tracks is not allowed I understand that this will be deleted or marked out.)
I already tried a few things like changing pitch with automation, changing notes a few octaves, and even effects like fruity phaser and flanger but maybe its a combination of these things or something completely else, I really can't figure it out.

I hope someone could help me, I would be really thankful for that.

Kenneth Westbroek / Unithem

Problem solved, for those who might want to create the same thing, It is an automated high pass filter on the Leads and Bass!

Back