Patterns Confusion

Will_Bender

Hello World,

So I am making progress in FLS PE 10, but one problem that keeps presenting itself has to do with patterns, and their use ultimately in the playlist.

Here's what seems to be happening. Suppose I create four patterns. Each pattern is supposed to have just one channel on it.

Pattern_1 = Midi keyboard
Pattern_2 = Audio Guitar
Pattern_3 = a bunch of different midi drum channels
Pattern_4 = a variation on the harmony in Pattern_1

This way I could just paste the patterns (vertically or horizontally) as I wish into the Playlist.

However, it seems FLS is carrying ALL the channels over into each new pattern, and then it's like not letting me modify them when they go into the playlist. So, for instance, if I delete some stuff in Pattern_4, it's deleting it in the other patterns as well.

Is there some way to keep the patterns discreet, so I dont get all this confused "overlap" between them. Because - when they go into the playlist or mixer - it's a whole new world of confusion at that point...

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,

WB

You cannot delete channels from different patterns, if you want to make an alternate version of an existing pattern, on the playlist you can click on "make unique", which will effectively clone the original pattern into the next pattern slot.

So for every variation a new pattern is required.

Back