Pattern clip quantization in FL Studio?

dizkojockey

Hi all, does anyone know if there is a way to quantize or align properly pattern clips inserted into the FL Studio playlist? When I paste in my kick layers for some reason they don't align properly, so I have to zoom right in to ensure all kicks are quantized properly. I know you can quantize audio data in the piano roll but this feature seems unavailable in the playlist. Is there a way around this or something I am missing here, or is all arranging in the playlist done manually?

Thanks

All daws have this from what I've seen, snap settings is in the playlist too.it looks exactly the same as menu in pianoroll.

in the playlist go to the magnet in the top left corner. The magnet is the snap to grid lengths, but it on length you want, the most common is 1/4 beat. if you want them directly on the line choose bar. Then hold shift and press Q, this will quantize the start times of each pattern clip.

If you use "cell" in the snap, it will snap it directly to the grid lines as well, just make sure you use "cell" on the snap for your other patterns as well so they have the same start times.

Back