One Time

Your mix needs some work. Your kicks are clipping. Musically, it is beautiful. Overall, bring the drums down a touch so they aren't clipping and it would be really good. I love this chill stuff.

Would you mind taking a listen to my drum and bass track? www.soundcloud.com/mr-glass-dnb/fragile

Last edited:
Can you explain what you mean by "clipping"? clearly i have allot to learn still when it comes to mixing and mastering lol thank you SO much for taking the time to listen.

I REALLY like your sound. that fragile track is nice. I couldnt crank my volume up because im at work but you have my word that when i get off, i will blast it lol

Thanks again... "chill stuff" seems to be my specialty :) I use Logic... what do u use?

Clipping means that the sound is playing too loudly, so it distorts and sounds fuzzy. When I mix, I tend to leave my master fader at 0dB and bring everyting else down to -6dB. I then treat my -6dB as my 0 for those tracks. I try not to go over -6 when I mixing, that way I'm NEVER clipping. All your volume should come from the master.

I use Ableton.

Thanks so much! And I world appreciate a follow on Soundcloud :D only of you think I deserve it though

Back