One month a year, I make thirty beats in thirty days, and that month is coming soon.

ManOfTheDown

Functional Addict
30 beats in 30 days… Every January. I feel like its a great technical exercise, and its great for expanding the mind, to try things you might nor normally attempt… Anyway.. I release these once a year on my band camp and give the download away for free… Please take a listen to either one, and tell me what you think.

30in30 Vol 1: 30Beats30Days | Man of The Downtrodden - This was my first attempt at this excercise.

30in30 Vol 2: 30Beats30Days Vol.2 | Man of The Downtrodden - this one I made last January, and learned quite a bit in the year between the first one.

Bout to kick it off again… And Ill keep doing it until I'm dead, or otherwise am physically unable, and the releases will always be free.

I usually don't like underground sounding stuff, but you have a good sound. I could start 30 beats in 30 days but I'd be messing up things if I try to finish in the day I start a track, need time away from a new track to regain objectivity and hear new ideas the second or third listen which I try to make several days apart. When I started I liked to come up with 2 beats a day, then got to 4 or 5. Though not every day but a few a week.

Last edited:
This is why it's such a good excercise... Normally I'll spend weeks or months on a track. But this is to force me to find a muse and wrestle that ***** to the ground. It challenges my normal workflows and makes me think of,how to do things in new and different ways

Gotta show respect, Shits hard to do + keep up the creativity. Listened to a few, sounding nice. Good luck this time around.

Back