Old Skool funky break with a word to The Man. All Feedback returned 100%

FNYK

Tried to keep the production crisp and simple on this latest beat and tried an improvised solo on the vibes. The subject matter is in earnest and the old school vibe is sincere. Drop me some feed - particularly on the mix - and a link to return same. Peace.

https://soundcloud.com/fnyk/kefala-2022

Dope track, I like the drums (re-pitched "funky drummer" right?). The vibe of the piece was sweet, I think my favorite aspect of the track was the guitar. As far as mixing goes, the only thing that really stood out to me was that the vibe part (that starts around 1:10) seemed a little too loud to me. Personally, I would mix it with a little bit of reverb and slightly quieter. Overall though, it's a sweet track, nice work!

Thanks man. Ironic thing is that the vibe solo seemed so quiet when I mastered that I played everything else down!

Left feed on your thread. Absolutely love that track, man.

To critique the mix on such an unusual track would be a bit presumptiouse and anyway I liked it, at times a felt the "drone" sound could have stood a tiny bit more melodic variety and did I hear some slight timing issues in the last section. I loved it very clever and original stuff

like your use of the funky drummer break, think the idea of the track is cool, but not sure about that vibe solo - not sure if the instrument works well against the drone and the break considering the track has a dark, serious mood...I don't think the vibes compliment that mood mate. Keep at it as I love the subject matter, the vocal samples and your use of the break. Guitars near the end sound great too - Lots of potential!

Feel free to return the feedback:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...e-receive-feedback/kaleidoscope-f4f-460556/4/

Thanks man - not sure if the vibes are supposed to be a counterpoint to the seriousness or whether I just got carried away after finding a half decent C3 vibe sample and soloing ( I use an old S3000XL and a keyboard!), so you could be right on that one. I'll just move on and try to keep things in check. Left some feed on your thread.

PS Any reference to Chas'n'Dave is amongst the highest compliments I could pay,for real.

:o Have to admit I wasn't familiar with the track, had to track it down. Upon reflection this is a cool remix, the horn and the jangling guitars suit the vibe well - both are sort of mournful and wistful and that suits the sentiment. The mix is crisp - I would not have the first idea on how to do that with a whole track. Of trhe two - bearing in mind I am equally familiar with each and have no preconceptions - I genuinely prefer the remix. Is that wrong?!

Back