old, new, current

acetheface954

We're gonna take you back. Way back. To the times where DJing meant carrying crates upon crates of the most highly addicted yet underground club tunes the world has ever heard. Still goes on today but playing field has changed now that heavy and bulky equipment have been replaced with objects that you can literally throw over your shoulder.

So here's my question the old, new, and current. If you were DJing in '86 for example and had a choice between a laptop with uploaded mixes made or chosen by you and a turntable with records you hand selected which would you chose?

**Don't knock a man's hustle**

Last edited:
I'd choose records of my choice. Wha if the prerecord mix contains songs that cause people to walk off the dance floor? I need to be able I quickly rectify that with my next selection. Can't wait on a crappy mix to play out, you may have killed the party by then. Gotta keep that momentum going!

I'd choose records of my choice. Wha if the prerecord mix contains songs that cause people to walk off the dance floor? I need to be able I quickly rectify that with my next selection. Can't wait on a crappy mix to play out, you may have killed the party by then. Gotta keep that momentum going!

not if you choose the sure shots. but then again you can't please everyone.

i pre records vs premade mixes any day any way but i definitely prefer the new carrying my hard drive or laptop with 100,000 of songs to chose from is much more convenient than actual crates full of vinyl disc NOOOOO bad enough i carry big ass speakers

Back