Ok my first remix woo..... now what?

Toxicity

Ok I have a question I'am new to the forums but not new to music also I am new to The EDM spectrum took me a while to get around FL studios 11 like making sounds,and finding out what each plugin did what, and how to record a song. I managed to make a remix of Krewella's Alive without any vocals the making of the notes was easy finding out what sound fitted in was the hard part. My friends said that the remix was pretty good for a beginner. Now That Iam done with the remix I dont know what to do can someone help. Thank you for your responses.

You don't know what to do? There's tons of stuff in this field to do, very broad hobby man.
But in order to understand/help you we'd have to get where you comin from.
"Finding out what sound fitted" is subjective and depends on what you tried to accomplish, if you mean what to do next, there's tons of things you could do afterwards.
Not pulling your leg dude, everything and anything.

Just finished a track and now I don't know what to do either, please help!

Sometimes.. These questions.. You know..

Last edited:
To know is the understanding of when & how, because why should you?Of course backwards is fast forwarded, reversed common knowledge suspended in disbelief.
lls aside, I'm not sure how to answer the OP because it's such a broad answer though :/ it really is.

Let me ask you something, and I hop you don't take it the wrong way: you started producing, studied, spent countless hours learning how to use the plugins and all. You've done this remix and now you don't know what to do?

What kind of producer is you? Don't you know what you want with your music? Didn't you plan to achieve something with it?

You see, this kind of attitude, IMO, is found in many of those people who do music for money, and not because they love the music they make. "OH, Krewella is making big money, so I'll do a remix of them and try to make big money too".

Really, now, think about it: What you want to achieve with your music?

Let me ask you something, and I hop you don't take it the wrong way: you started producing, studied, spent countless hours learning how to use the plugins and all. You've done this remix and now you don't know what to do?

What kind of producer is you? Don't you know what you want with your music? Didn't you plan to achieve something with it?

You see, this kind of attitude, IMO, is found in many of those people who do music for money, and not because they love the music they make. "OH, Krewella is making big money, so I'll do a remix of them and try to make big money too".

Really, now, think about it: What you want to achieve with your music?

I agree with this. Some questions just irritates the crap out of me. Seriously..

"what do I do now?" "how can I be unique" "how can I be creative"

How some people even have the guts to humiliate themselves by asking these questions is impressive.

@OP really, what the hell are you even asking

Last edited:
Simple answer to this, though: do something better. Then do it again. And again. After some time, you might start approaching a point where your stuff sounds "pretty good" instead of "pretty good for a beginner".

Simple answer to this, though: do something better. Then do it again. And again. After some time, you might start approaching a point where your stuff sounds "pretty good" instead of "pretty good for a beginner".

I have a feeling that if you need to ask these kind of questions, really not knowing as opposed to just ask yourself that and go jump on the next track or whatever, then maybe you shouldn't be making any music period.

Bläh, I will butt out, it's only making me angry and no help to anyone

Last edited:
Often, not knowing what to do next brings out the most creative side. Just turn on your DAW and jump into the next thing that naturally flows. You won't find the answer anywhere else.

Often, not knowing what to do next brings out the most creative side. Just turn on your DAW and jump into the next thing that naturally flows. You won't find the answer anywhere else.
I think that this works if you already know what to do, I mean, the style of music you make. If you don't have that already in mind, you'll get lost.

Well, you won't find anything new if you don't get lost every now and then :)
Yeah, I agree. But I meant as a "controlled" kind of lost. Not that type that you start making drum and bass, that goes into trap, and then when you finish the song you have 15 different genres.

Back