nuendo fx send issue

youngl3x

im in the process of mixing a song i sent my vocals to a group track and added my eq and compression ,then i created a fx track and send my group track to the fx track but i am confused about the volume on the fx track , i send -0db to fx track and the fx track is so much louder then the group track , so i pulled down the fader on the fx track and that didn't really help , so i am wondering should i send all the audio to the group track and play with the fader ? or should leave the fader at 0 and play around with how much i send to the fx track ?

Your signal flow is correct. You are setting things up right. Don't change any part of that. If you are sending 0, then you are sending a LOT. That's why 0 is almost all the way at the top.

What I like to do is send the signal POST fader. That's the button in the middle, right above where you adjust the send level when you're in the channel settings. You can do either, but I like to adjust my send channel independently of my group channel just in case I want to hear the effect on its own or if I want more wet than dry, etc...

You can just adjust the fader on the send channel. That's why it's there for. There's really no wrong way of doing it. I would just send a little bit less signal but if nothing is acting up due to the high signal, then it's okay if you adjust the send fader. I usually do a little bit of both. I send individual channels to the send how I want, and then adjust the fader to taste once everything is being sent like I wanted.

Back