Not trying to keep posting

C

cGrumm

But I have been asking a lot and have gotten a lot of feedback for my questions...Now i want to know exactly what i should need(from your opinion) If you can help me please be specific. I am looking for a full setup on everything.
-computer(exactly what I will need)
-mic
-Headphones(Beats Studio by Dr Dre)
-Vocal Software(Audition)
I have put in some things that I think are good, but if you think otherwise please let me know. I am looking for a full setup for recording hip-hop/rap songs. I am new with all of these things because I usually write to a beat and then record to audacity. This is starting to sound tacky to me especially when listening to other music. I just want my music to have better quality.

Obviously you will need to say what your budget is. The first thing I can say is those Dre headphones are ass and way overprice, that money could be further invested in something much better.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Depending on your budget you could just get a cheap laptop and the Presonus 1Box.

Comes with a mic, audio interface, headphones, all the cables, and Presonus Studio One Artist for recording, full of great mixing plugins.
PreSonus Audio Box Studio | Sweetwater.com

AudioBoxStu-xlarge.jpg

well im not looking to get this stuff right now, its something to look forward to getting. so there really is no budget
But this whole package looks like a good price and good to start out with. Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:
check out my thread here
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...her/new-production-what-you-need-know-366583/
it has a lot.
I can post some things about mics and headphones there too. Do not buy beats by dr. dre. Those headphones are not really meant for producing at all. More casual listening than anything.

Anyways my post covers things on processors and building a computer ground up (this can be an expensive way to go though) you might just want to get a store bought system and upgrade it..
I covered things on the interface.

Go to this thread and post some questions and I will gladly try to answer them.

I have a stock laptop that is a pc. It was about $250

you need to upgrade to a desktop as soon as possible. laptops prove to be the most difficult when it comes to recording. If you plan on using FL Studio it would be ok but if you want big dog software on that laptop you will have to get your system tweaked and it still might not work. You have been warned.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Just checked up on that interface. I read a review saying that the pre-amp's volume has low range. That when switching on the condenser there is hissing in the monitors although that the hissing usually didn't make it into the recording.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

PreSonus AudioBox USB Reviews

you need to upgrade to a desktop as soon as possible. laptops prove to be the most difficult when it comes to recording. If you plan on using FL Studio it would be ok but if you want big dog software on that laptop you will have to get your system tweaked and it still might not work. You have been warned.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Just checked up on that interface. I read a review saying that the pre-amp's volume has low range. That when switching on the condenser there is hissing in the monitors although that the hissing usually didn't make it into the recording.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

PreSonus AudioBox USB Reviews

No. Laptops are more then capable for recording vocals, he will be just fine.

No. Laptops are more then capable for recording vocals, he will be just fine.

Yes but if you keep reading it says he wants a full set up. So I was thinking he wanted to do production as well.
But if he only wants it for vocals, he doesn't even need that audio box then. He could get a cheaper one if it's only for recording vocals.

Oh and no it depends on how capable his laptop is at recording in real time. Laptops normally will not have this ability with all those stock programs and things running. Which I've already told him he would need to have tweaked.

He should actually run a DPC latency checker on his laptop before buying any of this stuff.

Back