NOOB with DJ mixers...

RyanMRDJ

Hi all

I am a Producer and realized that I need to get into this DJ business to get more publicity...

I already bought a couple of CDJ's and want to get a DJ Mixer and came across that you get a normal mixer and a mixer which has a USB port like those at the back of a printer... now my question is what does that USB do?

Is it for recording or run DAW on your laptop or does it work with DJ programs like Virtual DJ for better control over the mix?

Regards

Hi all

I am a Producer and realized that I need to get into this DJ business to get more publicity...

I already bought a couple of CDJ's and want to get a DJ Mixer and came across that you get a normal mixer and a mixer which has a USB port like those at the back of a printer... now my question is what does that USB do?

Is it for recording or run DAW on your laptop or does it work with DJ programs like Virtual DJ for better control over the mix?

Regards

mixing ith vinyl/cd's you won't need a usb. if you wish to mix digitally (like in Serato) you would use the usb cable to hook up to your computer(laptop). then you can play .aiff, .wavs & mp3(ugh please don't though) etc.

Most clubs you play at will have CDJs and a mixer. Just become really good with them all you need to do is bring a stack of CD's to your show. But if you are running your own setup the CDJs have RCA outputs which connect to the mixer and the mixer has 1/4" TRS outputs which go out to your monitors.

Back