No sound from Pro Tools 7 Mbox2...please help!!

Memphis Raines

I just recently got the Mbox2 with Pro Tools LE7 and no matter what i do wether it be with plugging in headphones to trying to hook up Studio Monitors...i still get no sound at all through Pro Tools. My monitors are self powered and everything...i dunno whats wrong with it, we also hooked it up to my friends PC and had same result...please if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks:)

By the way, i know your probably rolling your eyes thinking its some noob posting this but i assure you im not...Ive never had much problem with any software, my MPC, my Roland Keyboard...nothing has given my trouble like this Mbox2 has...

Last edited:
hmmmm...... double-check all your connections...make sure ur outputs in PT are goin to ur main outs... make sure ur connecting ur spkrs FROM ur main outs... make sure u have audio playing.... if u've done all this and STILL have no sound, then u might have a defective mbox 2...

J

THanks man i appreciate your help, i ended up callin Digidesign and he walked me through everything and it ended up being the USB cable that was connecting to my PC for some reason, as soon as i switched it out everything was cool! Thanks again!

I would of never guessed that good to know.

PS. PTMB2 sucks. Sorry .

Yeah I bought MBox and it wasn't working I went to the 002Rack and I am so so very very very happy :) You go cheap cheap things will happen.

No sound in pro tools LE7 Mbox2

I'm having the same problem I got pro tools LE 7 and mbox2. I can see the green lines move in the audio preview section. I tried my speakers no sound and the head phones also no sound help a brother out. also all lights work on mbox2

THanks man i appreciate your help, i ended up callin Digidesign and he walked me through everything and it ended up being the USB cable that was connecting to my PC for some reason, as soon as i switched it out everything was cool! Thanks again!

PLEASE HELP! I seem to be having the same problem with pro tools SE. There is no sound while playback. Please tell me how to fix that as I am in another country and cannot call digidesign. What is wrong with the USB cable?

Back