New Track posted! Triumph or... K Dangerous. F4F! Tell Me what you think? What to do?

Hey, first off I really appreciate the feedback on mine. Second, I didn't read through everyone who posted ahead of me so forgive if I end up repeating anything already said:

I liked the beat. It's catchy and pop-leaning and has some interesting sounds throughout, especially those leads. The intro piano was dope and I was kinda disappointed that that wasn't used as the melody. At any rate though, the beat works well as is. My only suggestion for the mix would be the vocals. In a typical sense, the vocals are the focus of a hip-hop or pop song so the space of everything is carved out to allow the vocals to be the prominent sound for the listener. When I listened to this, a lot of the other elements of the song took center stage over the vocals: the piano, the leads, etc. As a result, I had to really concentrate on hearing you and what you were saying.

I did catch a lot of your lyrics and I think you have skills, especially in how you flowed over the beat. If stylistically you choose for your vocals to sit lower in the mix, then that's cool. If not, I think some EQ-ing and frequency trimming on the other sounds could help your vocals shine through more. Also, compression on vocals is important as well to balance out any unwanted frequencies drifting too high or too low. Good shit overall though.

Hey, first off I really appreciate the feedback on mine. Second, I didn't read through everyone who posted ahead of me so forgive if I end up repeating anything already said:

I liked the beat. It's catchy and pop-leaning and has some interesting sounds throughout, especially those leads. The intro piano was dope and I was kinda disappointed that that wasn't used as the melody. At any rate though, the beat works well as is. My only suggestion for the mix would be the vocals. In a typical sense, the vocals are the focus of a hip-hop or pop song so the space of everything is carved out to allow the vocals to be the prominent sound for the listener. When I listened to this, a lot of the other elements of the song took center stage over the vocals: the piano, the leads, etc. As a result, I had to really concentrate on hearing you and what you were saying.

I did catch a lot of your lyrics and I think you have skills, especially in how you flowed over the beat. If stylistically you choose for your vocals to sit lower in the mix, then that's cool. If not, I think some EQ-ing and frequency trimming on the other sounds could help your vocals shine through more. Also, compression on vocals is important as well to balance out any unwanted frequencies drifting too high or too low. Good shit overall though.

Thanks for getting back to me with some good crit. Thanks for listening man i appreciate you and ill def look into tweaking it

I like the beat it's really catchy. You got a good flow too, it's very catchy. Great work !
The only thing I'd have to complain about is the mixing: there's a lot of mud in there, the kick has too much low end. I'm terrible at mixing but I can tell there's serious problems with the mixing.
As far as the track goes, rap and production wise, I love it. You said in your post you might be interested in using my beat. You're good ! I'd be happy to let you use it, let me know :)
Cheers

I like the beat it's really catchy. You got a good flow too, it's very catchy. Great work !
The only thing I'd have to complain about is the mixing: there's a lot of mud in there, the kick has too much low end. I'm terrible at mixing but I can tell there's serious problems with the mixing.
As far as the track goes, rap and production wise, I love it. You said in your post you might be interested in using my beat. You're good ! I'd be happy to let you use it, let me know :)
Cheers

awesome man thanks ill keep you in mind and i have it favorited!

Back