New track here, would like some critiquing (leave links and I'll get you back)

T

Thee3ternal

Hit me with your best shot my brothers (and few sisters).

I put a little more time into mixing this one, though I'm sure it leaves a lot to be desired.

OK so I've been working on it a little just things to make it a bit more interesting as well as mixing it better.

Let me know what you guys think:

if anything i could just say it could use more progression like build and release

I get what you're saying but I'm kind of stumped as far as how I would go about doing that with this song/sample.

Can you give me an example or two of what you would do with the song to achieve that effect?

I get what you're saying but I'm kind of stumped as far as how I would go about doing that with this song/sample.

Can you give me an example or two of what you would do with the song to achieve that effect?

depends on the track, but you could do it by adding another sample, from the same track even. just briefly dropped here and there.. also more switching up of the drums / adding and subtracting of percussions. idk really.. its a really good beat regardless though. cant deny that

depends on the track, but you could do it by adding another sample, from the same track even. just briefly dropped here and there.. also more switching up of the drums / adding and subtracting of percussions. idk really.. its a really good beat regardless though. cant deny that

LOL no I kind of understand tension and release, I feel I did a pretty good job of it on the intro of this song (excuse lazy mix and arrangement, haven't gotten around to reworking it yet):

It's just with the other song I'm kind of at a loss for what to do.

I could change up the chord progression of those strings or something but I feel like until I get better I just need to learn to plan songs out better, basically I feel like I kind of arranged myself into a corner with it.

LOL no I kind of understand tension and release, I feel I did a pretty good job of it on the intro of this song (excuse lazy mix and arrangement, haven't gotten around to reworking it yet):

It's just with the other song I'm kind of at a loss for what to do.

I could change up the chord progression of those strings or something but I feel like until I get better I just need to learn to plan songs out better, basically I feel like I kind of arranged myself into a corner with it.

who knows.. for me its a really weird process.. if i dont knock most of the tracks layout and sounds down during my first time working with it, i usually dont end up finishing it. dont psych yourself out, inspiration is some weird shit we cant measure haha

Back