New To FP into EBM, Darkwave, Industrial

FireflySkies

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself as I just found this forum and it looks there is a ton of info here. My name is Von and I am just seriously getting into composing my own EBM based music. To be honest I have toyed with the idea for years…bought some synths that were way over my head, got overwhelmed and gave up pretty quickly. I am currently in a band that I sing and play guitar for. But my decades old love and desire to make EBM is calling me. I am heavy into Darkwave, Industrial and Goth..though you would not guess it by looking at me. Some of my favorites are Wumpscut, Leather Strip, Switchblade Symphony, Clan of Xymox, Combichrist ….etc.
So all the stars are on alignment now. I had a friend turn me on to Reason 5.0, which is amazing for sounds, I have FL Studio that I do some sequencing in and I use Sonar Producer to track my bands stuff. I just got an incredible deal on a Roland MV 8800 for 600.00…so I have no excuse.
So I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully after my learning curve share some of my stuff with you. If anyone on here is into the same Genre shoot me an email I could use any and all advice and help!

Von

Back