new to ableton. not new to beats

no.pulp

i have been making beats for a good while now and finally decided to move on from FL studio. so, i got ableton live 9 suite. its completely different. the kind of beats i generally like to make are sample based and i have an mpd26. im not saying im as good as knxwledge or dibiase but i watch their boiler room peformances and thats what i want to do. how should i get started? tips? tutorials? videos? anything will help because as of right now ableton is generally a foreign language.

There must literally be a gazillion tutorials on how to use Ableton. And in all fairness they are mostly the same, sure, it might look different but it is still the same general idea. Look up things like warping (which is Ableton lingo for time stretching). Also check out tutorials on how to use the slice to midi function and get comfy with both Simpler and Sampler in Live.

Search Youtube, you'll find a lot of videos. There's even an official Ableton Live channel which has good videos and you can also check out their forum it has a ton of Q&A. There's also blogs, I don't use Ableton so I don't know specific places which have the best tutorials but just Google "ableton live tutorials". Hope that helps

thanks, i'll definitley be looking up some tutorials. also, when sampling into ableton i usually use mp3s or wavs. should i chop thesample before i put it into ableton??

thanks, i'll definitley be looking up some tutorials. also, when sampling into ableton i usually use mp3s or wavs. should i chop thesample before i put it into ableton??

You can chop it in Ableton as well. The topics I posted above are a few things you're going to want to do in order to do that properly.

you can drag the sample mp3/wav into ableton's arrangement view and chop it up there

Back