*NEW* T.I. type beat "Winner" F4F

King-Vis

What up folks, would love to hear your opinion on the beat, specially the mix. Feedback returned ASAP.

I really don't hear T.I. on this at all, rather someone like Wale or someone else who crosses Hip-Hop and R&B. The beat is alright but bland. But the drums get boring very quick (they are good though and wouldn't be as bothersome with vocals). and I suggest adding another melody to the hook just for variation (An electric guitar for example?). Another thing that bothers me is that the bass stays in the higher frequencies for most of the song so what I propose is during the hook, instead of keeping it at the higher bass frequencies have it drop down lower around 80Hz so it hits the sweet spot. Also the crash and open hat need a little more reverb on them. The mix is straight apart from that. Please don't get discouraged by my comments, it's nowhere near bad, just trying to help you out! :D

I really don't hear T.I. on this at all, rather someone like Wale or someone else who crosses Hip-Hop and R&B. The beat is alright but bland. But the drums get boring very quick (they are good though and wouldn't be as bothersome with vocals). and I suggest adding another melody to the hook just for variation (An electric guitar for example?). Another thing that bothers me is that the bass stays in the higher frequencies for most of the song so what I propose is during the hook, instead of keeping it at the higher bass frequencies have it drop down lower around 80Hz so it hits the sweet spot. Also the crash and open hat need a little more reverb on them. The mix is straight apart from that. Please don't get discouraged by my comments, it's nowhere near bad, just trying to help you out! :D
No no, I'm not discouraged by your comments. Actually that's what I need to hear. I'm not very pleased with the beat, but didn't really know what to add/remove/change to make it better. So I was expecting critique, and praise. Sometimes people are just too scared to give an honest opinion on someones work. I'm always willing to learn more about music production. I'll take your advice, and try to implement it to the beat.
Really appreciate the comment, thanks!;)

Definitely more a smooth jam for the ladies. Kicks comes through real nice. Those spacey celleste/bells that are layered in is a nice addition. I think adding in a another line of strings over the top of the strings and maybe varying up the drums in one area so that a rapper could be featured on this along with a singing artist. Its got nice emotion and overall I like the additions and mix. Though I feel that the low end could come up just a bit in the mix. Though that's just my taste. Adding in a gated sound in there somewhere would give this a lot more hype at a lower level. Beat overall feel repetitive but it works and I think overall you did a great job.

KFX

My feedback

Take my piece:

1) Try making your sounds more natural
Hats and background sounds such as pads and horns are way to "computer made"

2) Your kick is kinda lost in the mix imo
Try using HQ samples and read a few books on mixing

3)The whole song lacks dynamics
Try using sidechaining compressors to give your track a bumping mood

All in all, your production is at a great level and needs a just a few steps more to go "pro"

PUSH THAT FADER UP BRO!

Feelin this mix man. Love your main synth, real smooth. I would sidechain it more to the kick, and maybe add a little more reverb. Love your snare, I would add a little more reverb to it as well. I think a chopped vocal sample would add some great melodic content. Keep up the great work!

Appreciate your feedback: https://soundcloud.com/showclothes/show-clothes-grind-it
I like your beat, love the samples on it. Would've removed the T-Pain sample in the middle though. But other than that I enjoyed it. The breakdown in the middle is great.

Take my piece:

1) Try making your sounds more natural
Hats and background sounds such as pads and horns are way to "computer made"

2) Your kick is kinda lost in the mix imo
Try using HQ samples and read a few books on mixing

3)The whole song lacks dynamics
Try using sidechaining compressors to give your track a bumping mood

All in all, your production is at a great level and needs a just a few steps more to go "pro"

PUSH THAT FADER UP BRO!
Thanks for the advice bro, I know I need to step my game up when it comes to mixing. Good to have people in the forum helping you out.

Greetings earthling.

I really like the sound selection and engineering. There is a lot of room for good vocals to be placed. I don't really hear the aforementioned rapper on this, but that doesn't take away from the beat. I think some more variation would be nice, but with a rapper on top of this, this works well. Keep it up.

Please return the feedback here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/album-preview-sinus-roris-|-f4f-470451/

- TTT

Greetings earthling.

I really like the sound selection and engineering. There is a lot of room for good vocals to be placed. I don't really hear the aforementioned rapper on this, but that doesn't take away from the beat. I think some more variation would be nice, but with a rapper on top of this, this works well. Keep it up.

Please return the feedback here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback/album-preview-sinus-roris-|-f4f-470451/

- TTT
Thanks bro, feedback returned.

Back