New Producer

BEH_92

Hi Everyone,

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this in.
I started producing about 5 months ago. I've been producing mainly prog house/electro house.
I was watching some of the sonic academy tutorials, but I have decided to teach my self as I want to learn that way. Could anyone recommend any good links to mixing/mastering tutorials/music theory ? And anything that is important to know as a new producer e.g. reverb etc..,

Cheers guys and thanks in advance,
BEH

Learn all the basics and you'll be able to translate from one program to another in the same time it takes to snap a finger.
Learn sheet music, this lets you make melodies on the fly anywhere and write/type em down.
Learn scales, these help you coordinate on an instrument you choose.
Learn at least some type of drumming to a point that you can do a 180BPM clip for 4 seconds.
Learn the riffs of your favorite songs to a point where you can make up melodies with them.

Category:Audio effects - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Secrets Of The Mix Engineers | compendium of links

Monitors vs headphones: which is best for mixing? | Headphones vs monitors | Tech News | MusicRadar

Check out Recordingrevolution, ARTFX, Dubspot, Pensadosplace, and FM Magazine on Youtube.
Also check out Sound On Sound Magazine, they have great articles.
For music theory I don't know that many good Youtube channels (except Patdavidmusic but he shows with his guitar, but perhaps that works as well?), but it should be easy to find good and reliable tutorials on it by just searching (compared to for example mastering).

Back