New producer, need some tips

lateman

late man
Gonna make a home studio sorta thing, need some tips on things I definitely will need, or things that would be good to have.

Desktop/laptop/tablet with a daw is the first then audio interface. Information here:

Examples of Daws to try out: 15 Great DAWs: The Best Music Software In The World
Examples of Vsts : The 50 best VST/AU plugin synths in the world today | MusicRadar
Example of freeware synths : Free VST Plugins! - Bedroom Producers Blog
Example of freeware : VST 4 FREE - Free Audio Plug-ins Archives
Example of freeware : VST Warehouse | Over 500 Free VST plugins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M synthesis explanation basics

2ghz or above, 8gb of ram minimum so basically save up for a 400$ machine at the bare minimum and you will not need to upgrade for 2-5 years.

I'd start off with a good DAW ( Fl Studio, Ableton, Reason, Ect). Then get some good drum samples and VSTs. Also i'd invest in some studio monitors or a headset to get you started so you can actually hear the flat sound of what you're making

If you are going to stick with it long term, make sure to invest in some good monitors. I went cheap and regretted it later , especially when you start getting more into mixing and mastering.

everyone else is covering hardware so i will post one thing that helped me in the beginning. one piece of paper that acted as a mixdown GUIDELINE (notrule) that speaks volumes. google search this under images: A CLUB TRACKS FREQUENCY MAP.

Back