New Pro Tools 9 MP (bundles): cheaper than original version?

HereticBeats

Hi!

I'm in the phase of shifting my "beat-making weapon of choice" from FL Studio 10 (with M-Audio Trigger Finger MIDI pad controller) to: Pro Tools 9 (with Akai MPC2500 SE).

I already have the MPC2500 SE. I just need Pro Tools 9. Since I have been using M-Audio hardware (MIDI controllers, audio interface, monitors) I have decided to continue using an M-Audio interface.

This leads me to the question: Since I'm on a low budget, I'm interested in knowing if the new PT 9 MP editions (specifically made for/locked to M-Audio interfaces) are cheaper than the original Pro Tools 9 version - which, as you know, works with ALL soundcards/audio interfaces. Will I save a good amount of money if I buy the MP version instead of the original version???

You can check out Avid/M-Audio's three PT 9 bundles on M-Audio's website (unfortunately I can't post links yet, as I don't have 20 posts on FP). Find the bundles under 'Pro Tools Studio Bundles' in the 'Products' sub-menu.

I'm considering either the Fast Track Pro or the MobilePre bundles. Is this a good purchase?

If there are no money to be saved from buying the MP edition then, I guess, I'd rather want the original/"universal" Pro Tools 9.

Thanks in advance for help and advice!

Peace!

Back