New orchestral song

Hey I love it. I absolutely love epic music like this. Sounds like it should be in a movie! And I see why you named it Dark Angel. Great job!

thanks guys and to elaborate on this.

its a very simple piece when broken down its basically block chords space out between the orchestra.
i started with the oatinato riff at 30 seconds in or so and built the chords around it. generally i write the double bass and cello first then the brass everything if just improvises until i play something that sounds good.

orchestra i double the starting note of the double bass with french horns
double cellos with oboe
double viola with clarinet
trombone plays root n 5ths
violins play the main rift double up with trumpets at times

i dno what else to say on it really hope this is what you meant :)

thanks guys yh i am a fan of two steps from hell as well as epic score audiomachine future world music etc love that type of music :)

thanks for all the positive reviews guys it mean alot :D but I'm after constructive criticism. what you guys/girls feel wasn't very good, what could of been better etc

thank you :)

This is absolutely awesome! The build up at 1:56 is epic, loving the intensity and general mood of the composition. Was watching the batman trilogy recently and something like this wouldn't be amiss in there.

I know you're after constructive feedback but I don't think there's any real issues. Just out of interest what sample banks/VSTs/synths are you using?

thanks man :) the samples i used was from symphonic orchestral gold edition. its a bit pricey but its an awesome sample library

Back