New Joey Bada$$ Type Beat (F4F!)

hey guys got a new beat out

any feedback to improve on the beat will be appreciated and returned when i get the time to!

heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PIk7yb98I&noredirect=1

Thanks!
I thought the drums and percussion were dope in this. I like the original melody, but then for the chorus, I didn't like when you brought in those other pads. I feel like all the pads were clashing in the mids and low ends and maybe you should've added more to the high ends portions instead.

the drum sounds and patterns are the highlight. i think the base melody is a bit dissonant and would try and change some of the notes to fit the key better. i dont know music theory words but i can hear a few notes are out. despite that still enjoyed the drums a lot!

Thanks for checking out my track. I'm returning feedback.

I love how loud this track is. Solid job on the mix. Just a couple of things I would suggest. I would eq out some of the low mids on the master to 'clean it up' just a bit. The chorus is a little muddy but the eq'ing would probably fix it. I would go ahead and eq the low mids out of both the strings and chorus pad individually anyways though. The only other thing I didn't like was that damn detuned piano/string! I don't know if that's the joey bada$$ style but the detuning doesn't sit well with my ears. lol Your sound selection sounded appropriate and drums were exactly where they should be I thought. Overall, solid track. Good work.

Hey thanks so much for your feedback on my track! I'm just hearing yours now.

Your drums sound really well mixed (I can't comment on the subs because I'm not in my studio right now). There are some pretty wild dissonances in that organ/e-piano line. I love Jazz and dissonance isn't a bad thing but I just mention it to be sure you're going for it.

good work friend! Keep it up!

Mix is solid, don't really see this as a Joey beat, but that's whatever lol drum pattern is great everyone says its the highlight, but the main melody is pretty solid in its own right. The track does give off a night vibe as well, the only thing I'm a tad picky about is the hi hats, but thats my own personal preference.
Feedback?

Only thing what i dont like about this beat is hi hats.
I dunno exactly if its how they sound or how they are layed out.
I like the bass,thats original.
Cymbal sounds weird in my opinion.I mean that at 3:01.Maybe it needs to be softer or different sounding.
Everyone will hear music different so there is really no point of opinions anyway. :)

Last edited:
hey guys got a new beat out

any feedback to improve on the beat will be appreciated and returned when i get the time to!

heres the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PIk7yb98I&noredirect=1

Thanks!

You are talented dude!
Cool sounding drums! I think there were moments where the PIANO pedal was still on when changing from a chord to another, which made it sound muddy. Aside from that, the track's decent!

**YOUR Opinion is VALUABLE. Return the favor, yeah?**
https://soundcloud.com/michaeljoelmu...ms-awoken-demo

As usual another smooth beat, son! Like the drums and always a fan of how you slow them down for your choruses and add the ride cymbal. Like someone said above the dissonance in the chords is nice and jazzy - gives it that Miles Davis feel. Have you ever thought of sampling some Miles...maybe his Birth of the Cool album? I think that would be a gamechanger for your style since you're the reigning king of jazzy smooth beats. Nice job sequencing as well. By the way - I'm gonna need a copy of that Audio Push beat you made so I can remix it LOL. Always enjoy your tracks and keep it up

Back