New Joey Bada$$ Type Beat (F4F!)

Last edited:
This is a nice mellow track. It just needs to be cleaned up a little bit in the mix. You have a really good ability for melody and music theory. I think the drums could be messed with a little bit to add some life to the track. But I really liked it overall. Nice stuff

The chords and vibe of the track are real dope, especially the part with the strings at 1.00. You should definitely turn up the kick drum in the mix. Overall the mix is quite mid heavy, many instruments fighting over the same space, u should use eq and try to clean it up a little. Other than that its dope

Thanks man for the response to my beat dude! I really dig this beat, the melody vibes just like Joey's beat do. I noticed two things while listening to it: 1. The kicks need to be a little louder 2. The bass could use a little low end boost in eq so that you can really feel them, not just hear them. Other than that though I love it!

Like many of the other said, i'd work out all those frequencies that are just smashing together in the mid/mid-high ranges. Nice and original melody though i like the drums, i don't really catch much of a feeling from the sounds before the 1:00 mark but keep up the good work.

Nice vibe. Like the rhythms of the percussion/good variation but the track generally feels quite thin. Need to beef up the bass or the kick to give it more presence.

The Drums need to be a little little little bit harder.
But i like it anyways keep it up !

Hi and thanks for the F4F over at my old rock song demo

I find your music to be joyful to comment on because it is good. An Eminem rap on top of this would sound good. But; there is room for improvement.
What struck me the most is the narrowness. Make more wide arrangements on several tracks. Great plugs I use for this is Brainworx BX control v2, Waves Center and a brand new plug I can't even remember the name of but of which I will be back soon posting here as I am in the process of preparing a session right now; getting peeps in the studio in 10 mins. Width is everything regardless of genre. If the track/ info is suitable for width, get it wide and reduce the centre info of that track

Secondly, there are some mid frequency probs. Sound like its too much of something. Don't know what but I would find out If I had the tracks

Thirds. More high end.

Thats it; a very promising beat that needs a touch of treatment.

This is really up there; semi pro. Short way to go mate.

Last edited:
Nice. I'm really liking the way you mixed and panned everything. Sounds nice and clean. Overall good beat, just missing an artist lol

Back