New hardware needs workflow suggestions Logic Pro.Korg X5d/MC 505/Emu Ultra 6400

N

nrand

I recently decided to move away from simple guitar and vocal stuff I have been doing for the past twenty years, recording a few collections of material and writing notated music for meditation as well, using Sibelius.

I have Logic Studio on my Mac Pro and I already had a Korg X5D - trouble is I never really clicked with straight software processes so I decided to invest in a couple of inexpensive hardware items to get me into more of an electronic sound.

I bought a Roland MC 505 and an EMU 6400 Ultra to go with my other gear and I want to do slow /ambient / trance / loopy style music for meditation, sort of slow techno.

I am really new to the electronic side of things but both of these items seemed like good value for money from the reviews I read.
If these were your hardware items, how would you place them in your workflow to get the best of everything? What tasks would you give to each one?

I have a Tascam US144 Midid/Audio interface as well.

I am guessing Midi links are the go but the order of things has me a bit confused.

Thanks in advance

Nick from OZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Back