New Beat 100% FB Returned

Digging the intro and the overall beat. The only thing i have to say is maybe the drums could use a little work. but apart from that, this beat is good. Keep at it man

Hey man first off that kick is off to me... not quite snug enough. i would put some hh's in there somewhere to create some more movement. sample sounds pretty good. It's just that kick man once thats in place i think this will be pretty nice. also the kick sounds a bit one dimesional...maybe layer one or two more on there. Keep it up brother thanks for the feed!
Edit: i would bring in the bass way sooner!

Last edited:
chops are real chill man. just get your drums on time and the beat will be set to go man. the kicks are really off time man unless you intended to do it tht way. keep it up

The track could benefit from a detailed mix. The sample is nice and I'm liking the chops and whatnot with it.

The drums are a little out of sync with the sample, so they either aren't quantized or the chops need some additional work with the timing.
I'd also fine tune the sample with EQ and make space for all your drums to rest. Overall, it's a nice record man. Just needs a little mix work.

The melody is real nice props on that. The drums are a bit off not really feeling the pattern, might wanna replay them. Things sound out of sync, but this sounds like a good start

Feedback?

Thanks fam, I finally realized why the drums were off... When quantizing, I added WAY too much swing to the kicks.

Im glad you guys pointed that out because I probably wouldn't have noticed right away (Ear fatigue).

Dope beat bro. I'm assuming you fixed the swing/quantizing problem as the others pointed out, because it seems like the kicks are hitting right where they should be. What's crazy about this sample is that, even though it's a loop, it seems to almost gain momentum and power with each repetition. Normally, you hear people say, "switch up your chops", which I think is true is most cases. However, for my ears, this seems to keep building and building off the sheer power of the sample. That being said I think it would be cool to play off that effect by maybe adding a low-pass on the sample for 8-16 bars to bring the energy down for a bit and then add some automation on the filter to bring it back up again. I would just play around with shit like that. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the snare you had at around the :41 mark. You use it throughout but it's not as noticeable in other parts because you added that build/sweep sound on top of it. I guess I just wasn't feeling it that much when it was used in isolation.

All in all though, I thought it was a really dope beat. I'd love to see what an artist could do with it. The beat is so big, though, that you'd need an artist with a voice that could handle it. Someone with a Rick Ross/TI type style that won't get overpowered by a huge sound like this.

Thanks for the feedback bro. I did fix the problem with the kicks but I definitely like your idea about adding a filter to the sample. Hopefully that will take this track to another level. As far as the snare goes, I was thinking about changing anyway.

Lol I wish I could find an artist that could do this track a bit of justice but, like all things, that comes with time.

I agree with the rest, drums are a bit off. sample is great! i like the horns, did you play it or is it sample? overall it's really good beat. :D

hmm i love the intro but to me the drums feel a little off. Fix that, though, and you'll be good to go:)

this is a great sample man. good find. The drums need some work like previous guys said, but that's an easy change. Keep flipping man!

T

Check out my beat/feed!!

Last edited:
Back