New ASAP FERG like trap beat (All FEEDBACK RETURNED)

I don't really listen to trap that much, but I think this beat needs some work on the mixdown - the drums need some work IMO - the hi hat section sounds too empty for my taste. I personally don't like the main brass lead instrument and the pattern with it - I think the best part of the beat was later on, around 1.44 when the pads and the bells are playing and it gets a lot darker.

Check my track out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...c-inspired-zombie-flicks-475280/#post49786468

Honest feedback on my beat would be much appreciated. All feedback I get will be returned.

https://soundcloud.com/adeptarranger/trap-beat-aap-ferg-like

I second "s.singh" opinion. I'm not a big fan of the trap style. The mix is a good start. Personally, I'd do something different w/ the melody. The track itself feels a bit empty, maybe try adding some pads or chords to give it a bit more of an atmosphere. Good work still. Hope to see more soon yeah?

**YOUR Opinion is VALUABLE. Return the favor, yeah?**
https://soundcloud.com/michaeljoelmusic/from-dreams-awoken-demo

Thanks for the feedback man. I really dig your instrumental. I really like the orchestration at the intro and I really like the guitar throughout the beat. The rimshot/ clap is super clear and no component is overpowering another. My only drawbacks are that its not longer and that the strings should fade out more gradually and to a greater extent as the intro ends. Other than that, its an awesome instrumental that I could definitely see in a zombie/ apocalyptic movie.

hanks for the feedback man. I really dig your instrumental. I really like the orchestration at the intro and I really like the guitar throughout the beat. The rimshot/ clap is super clear and no component is overpowering another. My only drawbacks are that its not longer and that the strings should fade out more gradually and to a greater extent as the intro ends. Other than that, its an awesome instrumental that I could definitely see in a zombie/ apocalyptic movie.

I second "s.singh" opinion. I'm not a big fan of the trap style. The mix is a good start. Personally, I'd do something different w/ the melody. The track itself feels a bit empty, maybe try adding some pads or chords to give it a bit more of an atmosphere. Good work still. Hope to see more soon yeah?

**YOUR Opinion is VALUABLE. Return the favor, yeah?**
https://soundcloud.com/michaeljoelmusic/from-dreams-awoken-demo

Thanks for the feedback. As for your song, I really liked it. The only thing I would change is the snare(maybe make it a little thicker and lower toned) but thats just my opinion. I also really like your delivery and flow and the piano is great. Overall very nice.

I'm going to have to third pretty much what the first two posters thought. It's a little empty for a trap beat, usually trap beats have layer over layer to create a wall of sound. You're beat is much less dense and more similar to a Bay Area style in that sense. Overall if was a decent beat, I would just go back and layer the **** out of it. Bring the bells in ealier and maybe try changing a note in your lead brass at the end of the melody to second time around to give some variance.

I'm going to have to third pretty much what the first two posters thought. It's a little empty for a trap beat, usually trap beats have layer over layer to create a wall of sound. You're beat is much less dense and more similar to a Bay Area style in that sense. Overall if was a decent beat, I would just go back and layer the **** out of it. Bring the bells in ealier and maybe try changing a note in your lead brass at the end of the melody to second time around to give some variance.

Alright cool. Thanks for the feedback. I can give feedback on one of your beats if you like.

hanks for the feedback man. I really dig your instrumental. I really like the orchestration at the intro and I really like the guitar throughout the beat. The rimshot/ clap is super clear and no component is overpowering another. My only drawbacks are that its not longer and that the strings should fade out more gradually and to a greater extent as the intro ends. Other than that, its an awesome instrumental that I could definitely see in a zombie/ apocalyptic movie.

Thanks for checking - appreciate your thoughts.

just so you know, my track is a preview - full version will be available on my EP which will be released in the near future - you'll be able to listen to the full song on Bandcamp soon enough.

If you'd like to keep up to date, feel free to like my page on facebook www,facebook.com/mellowdeepmusic

peace

Back