Need some monitors for $150 - Samsom 4A or Behringer MS40?

Hamza

Hey.

I don't know much about monitors, so I want some help. I do know, that I cannot get something great for the price range, but Im not setting my expectations high.

The only thing is, that I want to buy them from Thomann.de because of their excellent service and the warranty etc.

I have been looking at these two at the moment - Other monitors are welcome. :cool:

Samson Media One 4A:

thomann.de/dk/samson_media_one_4a.htm

Behringer MS40:

thomann.de/dk/behringer_ms40_multimedia_lautsprecher.htm

Little info:

The beats and the music I usually make and hear is Hip Hop and RnB, but in between there is also something techo, grime, dubstep. I love good and clean sound and good bass - the bass should not be exaggerated though.

Thank you for your help. ;)

I'd say wait until you get couple hundred bucks more and buy monitors that you can actually manage with, with that price you just get mad using them.

Well I dont really know much about monitors but I've managed with Behringer Truths, decent for their price. It's all about your ears, but you do need a pair of monitors to fit YOU, I mix usually with Headphones but that's just me, lol.

Stay away from the MS40s...they are horrible! Too much bass and it has an inaccurate high. I got some, unfortunately. If you want to be that cheap, get a pair of M-Audio AV30s. For only $80-130 you'll get a much more accurate mix...

If your only looking to spend $150 id get some M-Audio AV40's, ive been mixing on these for almost a year and they work well for the price and are pretty accurate. Just make sure to get a decent audio interface to go along with them.

You're never going to really know until you test them out for yourself please go to the store and test them yourself

truth is you can sit down with any set of monitors and get good mixes because its all on well you learn the pair of monitors you have

Back