Need some feedback/help for/with a song

Ludvig

Hello!

I have been working with a song for a while now. I like the melody etc in it, but i have some problem with the drop. I want it to have more feeling, more strenght. Now it feels more like "Ye here comes uplifter and kicklifter" and then the song goes off. Please give me some advice on how i can make it better and dont forget to give me some feedback.

/ Ludvig

It would be endlessly more helpful for you if you had actually posted the track.

So without actually having any idea what's going on, I've got a couple of tips.

You could strip the buildup of some of the dominant frequencies of the actual "drop". For instance make a neat high pass sweep of bass frequencies as it builds up and then let it all fly free once it hits of.

Try working with the levels. Generally I would say if the buildup is louder than the drop it's not gonna have as much impact as the rest. This can be done entirely by setting up the velocities so the track would be more dynamic, hence you'd have room to make some sounds have more impact and some less so.

If this is a problem with your arrangement not being interesting enough to keep up with the juicy break buildup you've got then we really need to hear the track to be able to give any useful information.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello again!

I tried to post the track, but I got an error that said that I needed atleast 5 more posts on this thread before I could do that. I can send it to you if you want.

Thanks for the advice! I Will try them :)

/Ludvig

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, im still learning.

Back