Need some advice on speakers for home studio!!!

Shellz19

RDotSDot1
So I have my laptop, microphone, fl studio and my Yamaha mox6 was wondering what speakers/monitors would go well with the mox6 as it doesn't have built in speakers. Any advice???

Hope you get this reply... You probably want a decent set of speakers _and_ a good set of headphones if you don't have them already.
As to speakers, you can get active or passive monitors. Passive was the way everybody had to do it back in the day, and there are still some good reasons to consider these speakers, but the main issue is that passive speakers, as the name denotes, means that you also need a separate amplifier to power them, so you'd be looking at an amp _and_ speakers.

Active monitors have the amplifiers built right into each speaker, like a giant set of computer speakers; you don't need a separate amp to power them.

How do you plan to use the Yamaha keyboard and your laptop together? Are you working with a mixer, audio interface, or what?

GJ

Hope you get this reply... You probably want a decent set of speakers _and_ a good set of headphones if you don't have them already.
As to speakers, you can get active or passive monitors. Passive was the way everybody had to do it back in the day, and there are still some good reasons to consider these speakers, but the main issue is that passive speakers, as the name denotes, means that you also need a separate amplifier to power them, so you'd be looking at an amp _and_ speakers.

Active monitors have the amplifiers built right into each speaker, like a giant set of computer speakers; you don't need a separate amp to power them.

How do you plan to use the Yamaha keyboard and your laptop together? Are you working with a mixer, audio interface, or what?

GJ

For the speakers, I suggest you go for active monitors. It's more practical and you won't need a separate amp. It is more affordable? Yes!

Back