Need help with Arpeggiator effect (Ableton - Fl Studio)

BigDrost

So, I just watched a video of someone using the Ableton's "MIDI effect" - "Arpeggiator".
I want to know how I can make the same/similar effect in FL Studio.
Thanks

Here's the video:
youtube com/watch?v=UlOyByhN2Yw

that looks cool, i don't know if you can do that on fl studio however if i would try to do something like that i would use:

3x patterns or more
paint brush the notes
edit tracks on the play list
automate effects

and all that happens quick and simple if you make quick decisions at the end you have same results for maybe similar time, the paint brush is the cool thing on fl studio because you can brush the notes fast enough and there is nothing to complain about

however a different approach can lead to different creative ideas but i still feel comfortable with chopping different patterns on playlist and i dont know if i would consider that

Not really familiar with FL, but a quick googling reveals that there's at least two different methods to create arps - although they're not realtime, which kind of takes away 75% of the fun. However, there are plenty of 3rd party arp plugins out there, many of are way more advanced than the rather barebones (but useful) arpeggiator of Ableton Live. Check out Xfer Cthulhu, Kirnu Cream, Sugar Bytes' Consequence and Thesys, Hypercyclic...well, there's plenty of these. Not to mention a lot of (synth) plugins have their own built-in arps as well.

Last edited:
Back