Need help again lol Connecting Fantom G6 to Mv-8800

C. Barker

Hey peeps Im back again lol took some time off from the forum cause i've been busy with work but I did decided to go with the MV 8800 & Fantom G6.

Now I have a problem, I cant get my Fantom to play simultaneously with my MV. I want to use my MV as my main system but I cant get the Fantom with it.

I a MIDI cable in the coming from the "In" of the fantom to the "Out" of the MV. I also go a another MIDI cable going from the "In" of the MV back into the "Out" of the Fantom. The thing with this is when I hit the keys on the Fantom all I hear are the drum patterns from the MV when I want it to play the patches from the Fantom. I got the options on the Fantom set I believe, I got the MV as the "Master" & the Fantom as the "Slave" (Synch Mode - Slave & MMC Mode - Slave). I also have the Local Switch on the Fantom as Off.

In addition I have the Fantom & the MV connected to a mixer via 4 TRS cables, 2 from the MV's Master L & R and 2 from the Fantoms Output L & R; once again I can hear the MV but Im not getting any sound from the Fantom...I can only get sound if I plug headphones into the "Phones" port.

If any of you guys can help me it would be deeply appreciated,
Thx

I took the local switch off and it still is playing the sounds from the MV. Somebody told me that it needed to be turned off in order to accomplish what I want.

Back