Need a new DJ midi controller help

Yokenthwate

been here a while....
Ive been using the Numark Total control for just under 2 years now learning the basics of mixing and now I need to upgrade. (the TC is breaking down, see below)

So which midi controller should I get?

I already have the Numark DJ io sound card so I dont need a built in sound card. I use Traktor on the software end.

My major concerns is the range of the pitch faders. I want to practice beat matching by ear, and with the TC there are not enough midi steps to get accurate sync. (I want this so in the future I can use CDs and vinyl). EG. on the TC if i push the pitch fader one increment, in traktor the pitch will jump several decimals which is unacceptable.

So which controllers have enough midi steps to emulate accurate pitching??? (or have I confused my problem with something else???)

I move around a lot so I cannot carry CDDJs/turntables and mixer with me, nor can i afford the price of of all that so mp3 is the way to go for me.
I need something very robust as the buttons on the TC are beginning to stick (the play and cue buttons dont always work when needed) which is useless for live playing.

I tend to do a bit of traveling with all my gear so it needs to all fit in my backpack with my laptop.

Also the TC looks like a toy which dont look good when ppl can see what ur using in the club/bar!

I'm intrigued by the Vestax VCI100 DJ Controller but can anyone who has it tell me if the you can accurately beat match manually (no sync!) with it. I'm open to other suggestions for controllers that meet my needs.

Cheers

Jules

EDIT:I play anything from House to Drum n Bass, Trance, Breaks and Garage. I would like to learn to scratch (Although i was unconvinced with the TC). My price range is up to about 400 GBP

Last edited:
Back