N.I. Maschine (MPC Drone)

maschine is great

Just want to add my opinion. I'm glad I bought the maschine. After years of building skeleton tracks on an sp-303/404 and mpc 1000, then importing the tracks to ableton in order to take advantage of the vsts and mastering options, I am glad there is now an option to have fun tooling around on semi-familiar hardware interface and then instantly have connectivity to my daw. I dont use the sound library, save the 808 and 909 kits to beef up breakbeats. I am a midi/usb hater, as my past experience is spending way too much time tooling around with setting up the connections instead of making music. However, with the maschine, I never had an issue. I use a mac, so maybe it isnt so simple on a pc. I don't understand all these die hard loyalties people have for this or that sampler sequencer, or hardware over software. Great music has come from crap equipment and crap music gets made on great equipment. For me, maschine is the most user friendly and intuative peice of gear I have ever used. Now berate me and say I am a viral promoter. I will still be banging on these orange buttons, making dope beats.

It looks well, plays well... does almost anything well... As long as you have the laptop or pc to match (Mac would be best...)

It is a good step forward to total hard and software integration in my opinion... definitely worth buying and because it is software... It is getting even better with every update!

i gotta admit, komplete 7, maschine, and kore 2 is prolly all anybody really needs...

throw in some decent monitors, mic, preamp, headphones, and interface, and it's pretty much a wrap.

Back