my new beat "Sea" feedback returned all the time

Sounds a little muddy to me especially in the mid range. Seems like a little too much reverb and also some frequencies need to be clipped. Also the percussion is nearly inaudible because the instruments distract from it a lot. I would compress your drums pretty heavily to get them to stand in the mix. Also I would add more variety to the bassline i think its the same 2 bar loop throughout. Also I would add some more to the low end. Converting your sub basses to mono might help with the muddiness as well.

Not bad man, the keys/bells lead is a little too wet for my taste...try using less reverb. Some of the instruments seem to be fighting for space so some eq could really help the mix out. Keep at it man, it's a good start!

Co-sign with all of the above...

The beat sounds pretty cool but the reverb is a little too overwhelming in the mix. The reverb on the snare really eliminates alot of potential energy the drums could have. Overall though, I think it's a good beat and would sound awesome if it was cleaned up a bit here and there.

this is a pretty nice abstract beat. i wish drums stood out a lil more but i think this is pretty cool

https://soundcloud.com/deadasdisco1/arthur

when the i will vocal chops come in there is that double kick and i think it would sound so nice only on the 2nd bar with the double bass hit in synchrony, with only a single hit on the first bar. very crisp and bright mix, nice chops and good track, enjoyable to listen to. just think the drum patterns could have a bit more fluidity and progression.

changed the mix a bunch to try and alleviate some of the issues discussed, hopefully it's better!

Last edited:
Nice track. It's very mellow. I feel like it's needs some lead synth driving a melody. I agree with the comments above about the drums being too understated. The drums need to hit harder and it feels like it needs a snare roll type transition.

Overall, nice joint. I feel like Wiz Khalifa would murder this joint if the drums went harder.

Keep workin.

-TB

nice work... there is a lot of good advice in this thread.... it could use some change ups up its a dope beat as is..... keep up good work

Hey man thanks for the feed sounds really good, I will be really unoriginal and agree on the drum sounds, the groove is pretty good and everything its just in particular the snare should be fatter. Like the chilled atmosphere of the melody and the bass compliments it well. I think with some further mastering and tweaking you have a dope beat here. Good work!

I think the main melody could be EQed to lower some Hz on the highs, at times, but hey could be my headphones. Im getting a vibe of Pretty from Weeknd with that Melody, its pretty catch. Snares and bass are tight, as well as the kick. Good work keep it up.

composition is insane , really dig all the change up and different instruments , mix is not bad , great work overall.

I like it just how it is.. nice and smooth track! it picks up nice too, then drops off calming down, then right back.. I really like this! sound selection was on point!

Back