My Journey -> DJing with Ableton

kmano

Ok so after a hear of producing I want to learn how to play and perform my songs and other artists songs live. Since I have Abletone Live 8 it was the easiest and most smooth way to start how to DJ with any software. I looked up upon some videos on YT and learned the first thing I need to do - how to perfectly warp songs that I want to play and put them in their original tempo. After achieving that, I need to go further and learn what is the next step for me when organizing and preparing my live set. Here's the picture of what I've done so far ->
Zrzut ekranu 2013-03-3 o 22.41.00.png
I put two decks and filled them with songs in each one. Every song has it's own BPM on the right side and is warped in the proper way. What is next thing I need to do? From that point, how to move on and make transitions from one song to another? How exactly does it work in Ableton? How can I be able to use the same effects to each song? Also, obviously I don't want to play the whole songs, I just need the certain parts that I like (intros, drops, buildups - then move to another song). What would You advice to guy who is just starting out the DJ with Ableton game? I'll appreaciate any feedback and help!

Im sure i watched a Video once where the person pretty much just added a EQ 3 on each audio chanell for high mid and low gains, then just dropped the tracks into Arrangment View and used the EQ 3 to bring them into one and other sorting the gains for a smoother transition ... There will be other ways but thats just 1 thing i seen !!

Nice! I haven't used it for DJing, but I'd like to learn.

Really interesting, but is Ableton not unnecessarily difficult to DJ with in comparison to say Traktor?

Back