My first time mixing song w/ beat tracks. Tell me what you think. F4F

The MH

Just dropped a new song. My first time mixing with the beat tracks so I have some learning to do. I think it came out okay but it sounds a little boxy to me for some reason. What do you think? Where can I improve? I'm really trying to get better for my next songs so all critique is welcome.

I like it but that hook definitely leaves something to be desired.

I definitely hear the mix as being "boxy" as you mentioned. Did you "one track" mix this beat or did you mix all the stems?

By the way....i like the rapper's 2pac persona when he says "remember meeeee......" and "hennesseyyyyyy" lol.

I definitely hear the mix as being "boxy" as you mentioned. Did you "one track" mix this beat or did you mix all the stems?

By the way....i like the rapper's 2pac persona when he says "remember meeeee......" and "hennesseyyyyyy" lol.

I mixed it with the stems, which is why I'm confused on it sounding that way. Possibly the reverb but I'm not sure.
Thanks for the reply btw.
Have anything you want me to check out?

I like it but that hook definitely leaves something to be desired.

Thanks, I figured the hook would have that effect. I did this one more to practice my mixing for bigger projects I'm working on. So I got lazy with the hook.

I'll check some of your tracks when I get a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the song but honestly the hook seems to be missing something more on your behalf of what your saying like you said.....but that's just my opinion overall its a good track

Last edited:
Dope track.In regards to the mix, I think vocals sound good in the verses, but the beat sounds dull compared to them. Also, I think the hook should sound "bigger". The energy in verses made me anticipate a more aggressive sounding hook.

If you have the free time, please let me know what you think about my beat tape.
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/production-techniques/showcase-your-music-give-receive-feedback/21-464044/[/FONT]

Last edited:
Dope track! The vocals sound pretty good but the beat lacks punch and energy. I think you can get better results with this track.
The drums don't hit hard and the vocals in the hook could have some more reverb or delay to create a different sound compared to the verses.

I like the track alot tho it's just the mix that needs some work.

Return the feed please:

E-40 ft Juicy J & Ty Dolla$ign - Chitty Bang Remix (Prod by R-skillz) Feed4Feed!!

Last edited:
I just went back and heard my mix over the 2track and it did originally have that sound. I was thinking I was messing it up the whole time (whew!). Guess I could work on improving the quality still as a good engineer would. But my producer uses better sounds now (logic). So the next track should be easier to work with.

Bout to return all feed guys.

Jenso
You didn't have a thread link so...
You got a nice sound bro. Different, but definitely some good vibes. what genre music do you make?

TaylorMace
I checked you out and left a comment. good work

Last edited by a moderator:
Really good for your first go at it. The vocals do sound a bit raspy/grainy & I'd add some reverb on some of the parts where his voice elevates. And maybe make the hook a lil louder than the verse so it stands out more.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ull-track-unmastered]-trap-dub-hiphop-465159/

Damn, I hear what you mean with the intro on the grainy vocals. Is it common to raise the vocals of the hook? I didnt want it to be too loud. Thanks for the feed I'll return it.

Back