****My first post

Ritual

! UK !
Easy all!

im new to the forum... & new to hip hop production!

here is one of mine ... look forward to hearing all of yours!

Last edited:
[/COLOR]Thanks dude! it's not my quite my first beat! but i get ya'! anything particular about the mix? something i just noticed it the stereo spread between the piano samples... the initial piano is nice and wide... then the quick little jazzy bit it flow into is really mono... it doesn't flow right!

just check your track... really like the pad... production is tight. good job squire!

Last edited by a moderator:
***Highkoo***

Cheers dude!

with the drums... i was going for quite a smooth/soft jazzy vibe to compliment the samples!

the samples are from a mate of mine... it's a piano track.. with vocals here and there... the couple of strings are from sampled from other tracks..

the drums? ... it's an old break i sampled from a 'breaks' vinyl, quite heavily panned and slightly layered!

YES MATE. just checked your 140 beyonce remix... proper deep, BADNESS!!

have you looked into parallel compression... ? the drums could do with a bit more snap..

FOLLOWED!

***Donta Black***

Thanks dude! it's not my quite my first beat! but i get ya'! anything particular about the mix? something i just noticed it the stereo spread between the piano samples... the initial piano is nice and wide... then the quick little jazzy bit it flow into is really mono... it doesn't flow right!

just check your track... really like the pad... production is tight. good job squire!

Last edited by a moderator:
daaaaang I really like this man, I dont believe you when you say this is the first beat you've made before haha
I can definitely tell you've spent some time in the studio no less, I really dig this, goes all the way back to the days of boom bap over a smooth ass sample.
super solid mix all around, I can not complain about this one bit!

hahah! thanks G.

i didn't say this is my first beat...

i said im new to HIP-HOP production... :p

i've been writing drum and bass for about 5 years!

yeah i love the boom bap style.. it's the ONE!

cheers for the feed back matey... i will return my critique!

Back